100 Word Challenge -Flame, Swimming, Celebrated White, Tomorrow

I stood there, in the middle of the bustling swimming carnival crowd. Every year, they have the swimming carnival where the best swimming students get celebrated and get swimming awards. I WAS going to get one, then somebody else took my spot  as top of the class! So not happy about that…

They stood on this huge podium by the pool.  A large flickering flame of anger rushed through me and I wanted to push the award stealer right into the pool.

The white foam blobbed on the edge of the pool.

Once the carnival was finished, I thought to myself: “There’s always tomorrow to try your best.”

2 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge -Flame, Swimming, Celebrated White, Tomorrow

1. Hi Estella,
    Thank you for taking part in the 100WC this week. I like how you described your anger as a flickering flame. I can imagine how it must have felt. I agree that there is always another day to try your best. Keep up with that attitude and you’ll go far!

Mrs McG (Team 100WC)
    Derbyshire, England

2. Hi Estella,
    A really nice story. This is a really great piece about day to day life and the celebration of talent. I can relate to the piece as I have been to these type of ceremonies, even when I didn’t win anything, and feeling sad about that. But as you prove in the description, it’s no good getting down over that, you have to keep on trying. Really good use of grammar and punctuation, particularly your use of quotation marks and the ellipsis. Keep up the good work!