100 Word Challenge – …but what if I was in charge?…

My team had just lost 17-0. I was not feeling great. “Hey it’s ok! You tried you best! You’re a great captain!” said my friend, patting me on the back.

“Thanks but-“

“But what if I was in charge? Just for a day! I would be the best captain ever!”

I gave her a glare.

“Second best! Heh.” She said sheepishly. It was as if she was trying to show me she  was lying!

“But seriously, can I be captain?”

At that moment I imagined the full playing field on fire, lightning crashing from the sky and said:

“Best leave it to me.”

2 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge – …but what if I was in charge?…

1. wow! Estella that was great not to be mean but was that 100 words? But that does not matter maybe just maybe next time you can use more action but any way that was……………………….GREAT!!
    -aleyna (good job)

1. Aleyna,
      It’s amazing what Estella can cram into 103 words isn’t it!
      It’s fine to go a few words over or under on our challenges each week, so long as we are keeping to the spirit of the task. I also thought this was great. I particularly liked the way Estella used show not tell to let us know about the characters’ personalities and what they think about each other.
      I particularly loved the ending where the character imagines such a vivid exaggerated disaster, before her simple, understated response, “Best leave it to me.”
      Gorgeous!
      Ant