Check in on 2018 Semester 1 Goals

What I want to learn:

I would like to be a better note taker. Sometimes I miss things, or I write really fast though my handwriting isn’t legible.

I would also like to learn my seven times tables of by heart.

List examples of things I could do that would show I am trying to meet my goal:

What I will do to achieve my first goal is to listen more and write later, and practice that when doing responses to BTN videos.

To and come up with memory strategies so I can remember them easily with the memory strategies. To achieve my second goal I will practise at home and come up with memory strategies so I can remember them easily with the memory strategies.

How I learn and behave:

I would like to be a bit more confident and a bit less shy.

I would also like to be less afraid of making mistakes.

I will achieve my first goal if I try to put my hand up more, and make more conversation then be included in i.

I will try to achieve my second goal  working on deep  breathing and remembering it’s ok to make mistakes and that they are the building blocks of leaning.

Check in on What I Want to Learn Goals

For my fist goal of being a better note taker, I think I am on my way to achieving it.  I have tried to be less stressed if I missed things, meaning I do not write really fast, meaning my handwriting is legible.  Also if I miss things, I look at transcripts.

For my second goal, I have been trying though my seven times tables just have not stuck in my head. Though I will keep trying and practicing more, maybe do HOTmaths times tables tasks or widgets, which hopefully will help a lot with my seven  times tables.

Check in on How I Learn and Behave Goals

I have not been succeeding in my first goal of to be more confident and less shy. Though I will try to talk to people, I do not normally talk to. I hope that doing that over time will build up my confidence.

For my second goal of being less afraid of making mistakes, there are some things I am not stressed about at all, like maths problems; though there are some things I still panic about, like getting stuff wrong in my writing and not knowing how to fix it.  Though to stop this from happening, I’ll try to remember it’s all ok, and also I’ll try to work on my writing skills.