Goals For Term 4

So far this semester, I have gotten much better at using decimals, and I can now compare them to fractions, and I know how to make two different fractions have the same denominator to check which one is bigger.

I also have written a piece that connects to an experience in my own life and I really tried to make it a piece where the reader can emotionally connect to the main character and have a small idea of what that person would be going through.

Finally, I know more about the 3 states of matter, solids, liquids, and gasses. I know that the more you decrease the temperature of something, the slower its particles move. The particles of a solid are quite cold, and they barely move, meaning the object keeps its shape, while the particles of a liquid are warmer, meaning the particles move more. Liquids take the shape of the container they are in and can be poured. The particles of a gas are a high temperature, meaning that the particles spread out a lot, and barely ever touch. Gases fill the container they are in. I know that the way you swap between states of matter is by changing its temperature.

I have not yet managed to use more than one purpose in my writing, since with the story idea I chose, I think it would be hard to use more than one purpose, and that was the piece I worked on the whole term.

During the rest of this semester, I am hoping to be able to write a good piece of poetry, since I only really write narratives. To make sure I achieve this goal I will take more notes in poetry lessons and try to do some of my 100 Word Challenges as poems.

I would also like to learn more about the solar system and why some planets have ‘rings’ and some don’t.

Finally, I would like to be able to better understand maps and timetables, since I will use those skills for the rest of my life.